Our current health crisis has certainly curbed our appetite for real estate and ability to see homes live in person. With the stay at home orders still in effect, we are bound to our homes and unable to touch, see, and feel available homes. However, we can use this time to our advantage to highlight some great technology that we’ve already been using when listing homes for sale.
The keys to highlighting homes and making them stand out are the following, in no particular order. We here at HudsonDwellings do this for all of our listings
- Floor Plans – All homes should come equipped with a full layout, including room sizes, layout, measurements, etc. Buyers should be able to visualize where rooms are when looking at photos online
- Virtual Tour – These are the best for when people are sitting at home and want to actually walk the home virtually before committing to seeing the home in person. With these virtual tours, you can look all around and really get a feel for the layout without actually being in the home
- Professional Photography – In today’s day, it is vital to have professional photos taken of all listings. Not only does it stand out among the competition, but it invites buyers to pick up the phone and call for more information. NO MORE CAMERA PHONE PHOTOS!
- Video Walk Through – Having a video to accompany the photos and the virtual tour is also a great way to help promote your listing. Video is great for putting up on YouTube and sharing among active buyers and also a great tool to use for social media.
- Thorough Description – This is Marketing 101 and gives you an opportunity to highlight your listing and show off its features. Does the home have a great range for cooking? Are the floors recently updated and polished? Does the home have a southern exposure with additional light? These are things that buyers want to know upfront and is important to showcase them in all listings.
In addition, we’ve also taken the extra step for our clients to protect everyone during these trying times. For our sellers, in particular, we go the extra step in pre-qualifying buyers BEFORE entertaining the idea of an in-person showing.
- We ask to see a pre-approval letter from their lender and go ahead and speak with that lender to discuss the potential buyer and their ability to purchase the home
- We ask for their attorney information upfront so that we can establish the lines of communication with all parties
- We have a COVID19 questionnaire that we ask all buyers/realtors to fill out so that everyone feels comfortable with each showing.
Below is a home we recently sold (from my kitchen table). I wanted to highlight a few key points that made this home stand out to the buyers:
727 Monroe St #502 – Hoboken
Are you considering a sale during these uncertain times? Please reach out and we can help with a comprehensive home valuation and a marketing plan to help get you the most money for your investment. Click here for more information